CAR RENTAL SERVICES
Last updated: March 1, 2020
CRP, LLC., D/B/A Car Rental Services ("CRS," "we," "us" or the "Company") operates this website (the "Site") which provides information regarding Car Rental Services and Car rental and related products and services (collectively, the "Services") and also provides a platform for online booking and purchasing of car rentals and related services. The Site is intended for use by adults over the age of 18.
Online privacy concerns focus on the protection of "Personal Data" from unauthorized use. As the term suggests, "Personal Data" is information which can be associated with a specific individual, including, for example, Personal Data such as a user's name, address, photograph, driver's license number, telephone number, e-mail address, and information about online activities that are directly linked to them.
The Information We Collect:
Personal Information . On some pages, you can make car rental reservations or purchase other Services, make requests, register to become a user, request to receive materials, interact on social media and receive email newsletters, travel opportunities and specials.
The types of Personal Data collected at these pages are:
-Credit/Debit Card Information
-[Driver's License Information]
-Other information which is required to complete your travel arrangements, such as date of birth, passport number, country of issuance and frequent flyer miles membership number.
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you are traveling with a family member, friend or colleague, the types of Personal Data collected are:
-Other information which is required to complete your travel arrangements, such as date of birth, passport number, country of issuance and frequent flyer miles membership number.
Device Information . We may collect information about devices you use to access the Services and how you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address and which websites you visited before accessing our Services.
Performance and Log Data . Our servers automatically record information created by your use of our Services, which may include information such as, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, diagnostic information related to the Services (i.e., crash activity reports), the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile Carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. For instance, when we send you an email, we may collect certain information including the nature of the email, whether you opened our email, action you took upon receipt of our email (e.g., whether you opened it or deleted it), or your name and contact information.
We generally keep Personal Data for as long as we believe necessary for the purpose for which it as collected or as allowed by law.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Data:
- To Provide Our Services to You . We process your Personal Data to inform you about our Services and in order to provide our Services. Without your Personal Data, we cannot provide our Services to you. We use the Personal Data that you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete your travel arrangements. We do not share such information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your travel arrangements. We use the Personal Data that you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery.
- To Respond to Your Inquiries. We use your return email addresses to answer the email we receive. We use emails provided when making a booking for contact with you pertaining only to the booking. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. We process your Personal Data when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Without your Personal Data, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
- To Enforce Our Terms or Agreements. We process your Personal Data to actively monitor, investigate, prevent and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services; investigate, prevent, or mitigate violations of our Terms, agreements or policies; and enforce our agreements with third parties and partners. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our Terms, agreements or policies without processing your Personal Data for such purposes.
- To Ensure the Security of the Service. We are committed to ensuring security and continued enjoyment of our Services. To do so, we process your Personal Data to: combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not access your account with us. We cannot ensure the security of our Services if we do not process your Personal Data for security purposes.
- For Research and Development Purposes. To continue to provide you with our innovative Services, we collect information about the way you use and interact with our Services for research and development purposes. Research and development help us improve our Services and build new Services and customized features or Services. We take additional security measures when processing your Personal Data for such purposes, by de-identifying or pseudonymizing your information, limiting access to personnel that may conduct research and development, and applying other technical, physical, and administrative security measures.
- For Potential Employment . We process your Personal Data when you seek employment with us to evaluate you as a candidate for the position. Without your Personal Data, we cannot evaluate your qualifications for employment.
Non-Identifying Aggregate Information . We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we do not use or share Personal Data provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described herein without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Sharing Your Personal Data with CAR Rental Companies and other Third-Party Service Providers:
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Car Rental Services has implemented technology and security features in an effort to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Data from unauthorized access or improper use, and Car Rental Services will seek to continue to enhance its security procedures as new technology becomes available. However, you acknowledge and agree that perfect security is not possible, and your Personal Data could still be accessed and used by others without authorization. Your access and use of the Services constitute your agreement that Car Rental Services is not and shall not be responsible for any such unauthorized access and use of your Personal Data .
Our Policy on Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user's computer hard drive or device, which enable a website to "personalize" itself for each user by remembering information about the user's visit to the website.
Car Rental Services Cookies (First Party Cookies) : We, at Car Rental Services, use our cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. For example, we may use a cookie to reduce the time it takes for you to submit purchase requests by storing a registered user's e-mail address so that the user does not need to enter their e-mail address each time that they log-in to Car Rental Services. We will also use a cookie to keep track of your search criteria while you are engaging Car Rental Services' services. Car Rental Services cookies are associated with a user's Personal Data. However, no third party may use the information we collect through our Car Rental Services cookies for their own purposes.
Third Party Cookies : We work with third parties that place cookies on our Site to provide their services, including:
- Ad Targeting : We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Site and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on this Site. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information or Personal Data. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- Analytics/Measurement : We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site, to find out what works and what does not, to optimize and improve our Sites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags and other technologies : In addition, we may share web site usage information about visitors to our Site with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Site and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device or directly in our emails/communications or may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Site. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on Car Rental Services during earlier browsing sessions.
- Flash Cookies : Our partners, who provide certain features on our site or display advertising based on your browsing activity, also use local shared objects such as Flash cookies, and local storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
Controlling Cookies :
We may share information relating to users of the Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
Non-U.S. Users; European Users:
The Services are directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you choose to use the Services or provide your Personal Data to us, your Personal Data may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located in the United States. Your use of the Services represents your consent and agreement to these practices . If you do not want your Personal Data transferred to or processed or maintained in the United States, you should not use the Services. The European Commission and/or other geopolitical regions have determined the United States may not subscribe the same legislative standards for data protection that may be applicable in your country, province, territory or geopolitical region. By providing us with your Personal Data, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with our privacy practices, including the transfer of your Personal Information across international boundaries to jurisdictions anywhere in the world as permitted by local law.
If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Services .
Notice to Individuals in the European Economic Area and Switzerland:
This section only applies to individuals using or accessing our Service while located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and/or Switzerland (collectively, the "Designated Countries") at the time of Personal Data collection.
Legal Basis. In the sections above entitled "How and Why We Use Your Information" and "Sharing Your Personal Data with Car Rental Companies and other Third-Party Service Providers" we explain various ways we process your Personal Data. We will process your Personal Data only: (1) with your consent; (2) to perform a contract between you and us; (3) to comply with a legal obligation or (4) where we have a legitimate interest to do so, balancing this interest against your interests and fundamental rights. Below is a chart indicating the legal bases we rely in processing Personal Data.
Purposes of Processing
Legal Basis for Processing
| || |
Processing is based on our contractual obligations or to take steps at the request of the individual prior to entering into a contract.
| || |
Processing is based on our legitimate interest to better understand you, to maintain and improve the accuracy of the information we store about you, and to better promote or optimize our Services.
| || |
Processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, the public interest, or in your vital interests.
Marketing. We will only contact individuals located in the Designated Countries by electronic means (including email or SMS) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law, or the individual's consent. When we rely on legitimate interest, we will only send you information about our Services that are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way please click an unsubscribe link in your emails or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
Individual Rights. We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Services. We may limit your individual rights requests: (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on other's privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or burdensome.
We may seek to verify your identity when we receive an individual rights request from you to ensure the security of your Personal Data.
- Access, Correct, Delete . You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data under certain circumstances.
- Object to Processing . You can object to the processing of your Personal Data, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data.
- Right to Withdraw Consent . For any consent-based processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. A withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing or the processing of any third parties based on consent before your withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at email@example.com indicating "EEA Individual Rights Request" in the subject line of the email.
Right to Lodge Complaint. If you are accessing the Services while located in a Designated Country and you believe we have infringed or violated your privacy rights, pleasecontact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may resolve your dispute directly. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority situated in a Designated Country or Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement.
User Opt-Out :
You may choose not to receive direct marketing communications from Car Rental Services in connection with the Services by providing notification to Car Rental Services making such request. If Car Rental Services receives such a request from you, Car Rental Services thereafter: (a) will discontinue contacting you directly with marketing messages about Car Rental services' products or services, and (b) will not use Personal Data obtained from your use of the Services to contact you with marketing messages about any Car Rental Services events, products or services. You may choose not to receive such messages by notifying Car Rental Services via e-mail at email@example.com or regular U.S. mail. Please note, however, that any such opt out only applies to Car Rental Services and will not apply to any other third parties to which you have supplied your Personal Data when using the Services. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that such opt-out notification processing may not be immediate, and you agree that should you receive additional communications your rights and remedies are limited to contacting us to reiterate your request to opt-out.
Car Rental Services may also use Personal Data to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the Site's Terms. This may include providing your Personal Data to law enforcement authorities with or without notice to you.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information:
You can access all your Personal Data that we collect online and maintain by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your Personal Data by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Requests for Removal of Personal Data:
If you have provided your name and email address to us, you may request that we remove your name and email address and other Personal Data from our database by contacting us at email@example.com, with the exception that we continue to use your name and email address to contact you with respect to the Services . Following receipt of a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to delete your information as requested. CAR Rental Services also honors requests from users for corrections or revisions to account information. Car Rental Services honors requests from users for their own information and will correct any such information which may be inaccurate. Users may verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
Other Web Sites:
Additional Privacy Protections for Children Using the Internet:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. No part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. Travel arrangements made through this Site are processed in the same way as an adult reservation and the same information collected will apply to children. Some airlines require passport numbers, country of issuance and the date of birth before a reservation can be completed.
Car Rental Services does not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Car Rental Services encourages minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. Car Rental Services encourages parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. Car Rental Services supports the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of Personal Data from children who use online services in their households.
California Privacy Rights:
Under California law, Users who are California residents may opt-out of disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and may also request certain information regarding the types of information shared by Car Rental Services with third parties for marketing purposes and the identities of those third parties. If you are a California resident, you may make such a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "California Privacy Information Request" on the subject line and in the body of your message.
In the event that Car Rental Services or any of its affiliates is acquired (whether by sale of assets or ownership interests) by merger with a third-party entity or otherwise, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Site visitors and users of the Services as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Data is treated, transferred, or used.
How To Contact Us:
Should you have other questions or concerns about this Privacy Policies, please call us at 855-982-1722.